Saturday, April 2, 2016

Sunshine in Bleak Places



There is nothing so bleak that a ray of sunshine cannot brighten.

 Hope springs forth in shoot and bud. 


Waters break free and flow to wash away the last signs of winter...                                                                                                                                                      blah...                                                                                                    blah...                                                                                                    blah...

Why cant I just remember this happens every year? Maybe because it seems like the plants forget. They burst up through the soil at the slightest hint of Spring with leaves unfurling and stalks shooting towards the sky. I tend to trust nature and figure it knows what its doing. I break out the garden boots gloves and start digging around only to turn around and find I need the snow boots and mittens again.


 Plants have this abundance of energy. They'll come up at the smallest provocation even if they end up frost bitten and ice burnt. They don't care. They'll just send up more green, more blossoms and buds. I guess I could learn a lesson here. Sometimes I hate learning lessons because it usually involves dealing with some hardship. This one is relatively easy, though. Jump in! Risk it! Burst through. Deal with the consequences later!
There's not much I can do about it. I might as well look for the beauty in it...
and just dress warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment